Erik ten Hag opened up about his conversation with Antony as the 23-year-old continues to fight domestic abuse allegations.
Earlier this week, United winger Antony agreed to delay his return to the club “to address allegations” of assault made against him.
The winger was due back to United training on Monday after being dropped from Brazil’s squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru amid the allegations.
However, United say it has been agreed with the player that he will delay his return until further notice so to address the matter. Antony denies all the allegations.
When Ten Hag was asked when Antony would be returning to first-team matter, the Dutchman said: “No idea.”
The United boss also said that he had spoken with Antony, adding: “Of course he is disappointed, but he is okay.”
United said in a club statement earlier this week: “Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony.
“Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday.
“However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.
“As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
A police investigation has been opened following allegations of domestic abuse against the player’s ex-girlfriend.
The United star is also facing further allegations of assault made by a woman in an interview on Brazilian television.
On Friday, Antony appeared on Brazilian TV saying “I never attacked any woman”, adding that “the truth will come out”.
He also said in a statement on Sunday: “I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.
“This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.
“I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully co-operate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.”