How to sponsor your parents from Nigeria or anywhere to come & live in the UAE

Want to apply for your parents' visa? 
These are the steps to follow... 
If your parents are living in your home country and do not have anyone to look after them, how can you sponsor their visa in the UAE? 
These are all the immigration requirements you need to fulfil when you apply for your parents’ residence visa in the country. 

Minimum salary 

To sponsor parents, you must earn a minimum salary of Dh20,000 or a monthly pay of Dh19,000 plus a two-bedroom accommodation. You must also obtain a medical insurance policy for your parents, with the minimum coverage stipulated for each. Once the visa is issued, it will be valid for one year, after which you would need to apply for renewal. 

Who can apply? 

The parents’ visa can be applied for by the couple’s: 
• son 
• daughter 
• son-in-law 
• daughter-in-law 

However, if the sponsoring resident is a son- or daughter-in-law, their application would need the approval of the humanitarian section within the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), according to Kashif Ali, Business Development Consultant at Emirates Zone PRO. 
“You would be required to submit some documents like the reason behind applying for your in-laws’ visa, a kinship certificate and other different documentation. 
However, if the son and the daughter are the sponsors applying for the visa, then as long as they fulfill the basic requirements, there is no need for such an approval,” Ali told Gulf News. 

Bring both parents 

Another requirement to keep in mind is that you cannot bring only one of your parents under your sponsorship. According to the UAE government’s official website – – an expatriate employee needs to sponsor both parents together. They also need to provide proof that they are their sole support and that there is no one to take care of them back home. If one of the parents has passed away or if the parents are divorced, the sponsor has to show the related official documents as justification to sponsor only one of the parents. 

Affidavit or dependency certificate 

You would also need to provide a dependency certificate, attested from your consulate stating that you will take care of the sponsored parents and be responsible for their well-being. 
“The affidavit is provided by the embassies or consulates of the respective countries. 
If the affidavit is in English, it should be legally translated to Arabic and both the father and mother need to prepare a separate affidavit,” Sirajudeen Ummer, Public Relations Officer at Dubai-based First Gate Business Services, told Gulf News. 

Documents required 

If you fulfil the criteria listed above, these are the documents you need to submit to apply for your parents’ visa: 

From the sponsor 
• Passport copy (in colour), where the passport is valid for at least six months 
• Original Emirates ID 
• House rental contract showing a minimum two bedroom apartment. 

If you are a Dubai resident, you would need to submit the Ejari. 
For other emirates, you would need to submit your rental contract along with the electricity bill. 
• Labour contract, showing a basic salary above Dh20,000. 
For government, semi-government and free zone employees, an Arabic salary certificate is required. 
• IBAN number 
• Mobile number, email ID and P. O. Box number. 
• Birth Certificate (Optional - for relationship with dependent) From the dependent 
• Passport copy (in colour), where the passport is valid for at least three months 
• Sworn affidavit/dependency certificate 
• Passport sized photograph Fees 
• Personal file for sponsor - Dh280 (applicable for the first time) 
• Entry permit – out of country Dh530 
• Security Deposit (Refundable) - Dh2,600 for Dubai, the deposit amount can vary depending on the emirate you are applying from 
• Medical fitness test – Dh345 
• Emirates ID - Dh170 for one year 
• Visa stamping - Dh400 (normal), Dh480 (urgent) 

According to Ummer, if the sponsor’s parents are inside the country, an additional fee of Dh1,330 is applied as ‘Change of status - Inside country’ fee.

Culled From Gulf News

No comments

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are happy to receive your opinion and request. If you need advert or sponsored post, We’re excited you’re considering advertising or sponsoring a post on our blog. Your support is what keeps us going. With the current trend, it’s very obvious content marketing is the way to go. Banner advertising and trying to get customers through Google Adwords may get you customers but it has been proven beyond doubt that Content Marketing has more lasting benefits.
We offer majorly two types of advertising:
1. Sponsored Posts: If you are really interested in publishing a sponsored post or a press release, video content, advertorial or any other kind of sponsored post, then you are at the right place.
Generally, a sponsored post can be any of the following:
Press release
Video content
This kind of post is usually written to promote you or your business. However, we do prefer posts that naturally flow with the site’s general content. This means we can also promote artists, songs, cosmetic products and things that you love of all products or services.
Every sponsored article will remain live on the site as long as this website exists. The duration is indefinite! Again, we will share your post on our social media channels and our email subscribers too will get to read your article. You’re exposing your article to our: Twitter followers, Facebook fans and other social networks.

We will also try as much as possible to optimize your post for search engines as well.

Submission of Materials : Sponsored post should be well written in English language and all materials must be delivered via electronic medium. All sponsored posts must be delivered via electronic version, either on disk or e-mail on Microsoft Word unless otherwise noted.
The price largely depends on if you’re writing the content or we’re to do that. But if your are writing the content, it is $60 per article.

2. Banner Advertising: We also offer banner advertising in various sizes and of course, our prices are flexible. you may choose to for the weekly rate or simply buy your desired number of impressions.

Technical Details And Pricing
Banner Size 300 X 250 pixels : Appears on the home page and below all pages on the site.
Banner Size 728 X 90 pixels: Appears on the top right Corner of the homepage and all pages on the site.
Large rectangle Banner Size (336x280) : Appears on the home page and below all pages on the site.
Small square (200x200) : Appears on the right side of the home page and all pages on the site.
Half page (300x600) : Appears on the right side of the home page and all pages on the site.
Portrait (300x1050) : Appears on the right side of the home page and all pages on the site.
Billboard (970x250) : Appears on the home page.

Submission of Materials : Banner ads can be in jpeg, jpg and gif format. All materials must be deliverd via electronic medium. All ads must be delivered via electronic version, either on disk or e-mail in the ordered pixel dimensions unless otherwise noted.
For advertising offers, send an email with your name,company, website, country and advert or sponsored post you want to appear on our website to omodjk(at)gmail(dot)com

Normally, we should respond within 48 hours.